Friday, August 9, 2013

DIY Studded iPad Case

Today is a fun DIY project that I did myself! It was so cheap and easy I had to share. If you're like me you love the stud/spike trend. You find it everywhere, boots, clothes, accessories, you name it! So take fashion into your own hands and dress up your plain accessories with studs and spikes. Here's how:

So where do you start? 

 Well the first thing you need is something to stud. I choose this pink iPad case I got at Target for $4.98. I know, what a good deal! I wasn't completely in love with it when I bought it so I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to try out my new stud obsession.  I bought these studs at Hobby lobby near the leather crafts for $2.00 a bag.
Next decide on a pattern you want to use. These are some simple iPad cases but feel free to get creative! If you're studding a pair of jeans or anything else take to the internet for great ideas and patterns.

It's important that you choose a material that wont be too hard to push the studs through. I decided to stud the outside pocket of my iPad case since it was thinner than the rest. Next mark out your pattern and stud away! My pattern was so simple I did it free hand with no trouble. 

Once you've pushed the stud through the fabric you need to clamp down the legs. This part was actually very easy, I didn't even need pliers. But to be on the safe side you should keep them handy. 
Simply continue studding until you have the desired look. This project took me about 20 minutes from start to finish. It's the perfect way to spice up some old accessories for the new school year. 
The grand total = about $7.00! With just a few minutes and a few dollars you can fall in love with your old accessories all over again. Happy DIY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment