When I think of orange I can't help but think of beautiful Autumn leaves and the changing seasons. Let's just say I'm ready for falling leaves and pumpkin spice lattes! But as it turns out, orange is a very complicated color. It symbolizes warmth, creativity, and compassion; making it a great color to keep around your home. The article "Meaning of the Color Orange" by Jennifer Bourn from Bourn Creative gives great insight into this radiant color. Check out what she has to say below:
Decorating with Orange
- Orange and blue look great together. Since these two hues are complementary colors (across from each other on the color wheel) they make the each other pop. You can never go wrong pairing orange with blues or turquoise.
- Orange and pink make quite the impact. Try pairing these colors in accent pieces like throw pillows or vases.
- Orange and grey make a sophisticated color scheme. I love the use of burnt orange and a deep grey in the photographs above.
- Use disposable orange accents. This is perfect for a splash of Autumn color. Bring in flowers, pumpkins, or even simple painted boxes to add color. This is the perfect way to switch up your style without making a commitment.
- Orange and black/white color schemes are bold. Orange makes a great accent color and brings warmth into a sterile black and white space.
- Orange doesn't have to be stuck as an accent color. If you're painting the walls orange think about using several different shades and patterns for your decor. Orange comes in plenty of shades so experiment with it!
- Try pairing orange and brown for a nature inspired scheme. These two colors blend well and make the perfect Autumn color palette.
- Only use a little bit of orange if you want a pop of color without overwhelming the space. A little bit of orange can go a long way!
Sense and Simplicity "10 Ways to Decorate with Orange"