If you can't stand the heat, don't go to Cancun in the summer. -Ben Stein
This summer's gonna be a hot one, especially compared to our brutal winter! Here are some ideas on how to stay cool when it's sweltering.
1. Take your curtains down and put up wet sheets instead. When the wind blows through the window, the sheets will help cool the air down!
2. Head to the library, movie theater, or mall. If you can't beat the head, hide from it.
3. Place a sock full of rice in the freezer and take out after 45 minutes.
4. Don't eat a lot, it'll make your body work harder and you'll feel sick AND hot!
5. Put your bedsheets in a bag and place them in the freezer a few hours before bedtime. Fresh chilly sheets for dripping hot weather, voila.
6. Cool your head and neck down first when applying ice packs to the body - the body will cool down quicker if the head is cooler.
7. Eat spicy food. It will make you sweat more and therefore cool down faster.
8. Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. Your thirst level is not reliable in high heat.
9. If you work out outdoors, don't do it in the middle of the day, and make sure you bring a buddy.
10. Use a hammock instead of a bed. Increased airflow all around is better!
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other ideas on how to stay cool in the hot hot heat!