Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Recipe: Simple & Delicious One-Pan Pasta
Here's a deliciously simple recipe from Spoon University. Only takes about 20 minutes or so to make. It's tomato, onion, and basil one-pan pasta, and it looks mighty tasty. https://pitt.spoonuniversity.com/recipe/tomato-onion-basil-one-pan-pasta
Servings: about 4
12-oz cherry tomatoes
1 yellow onion, (about 2 cups sliced)
5 cloves garlic
¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 sprigs basil, + torn leaves for garnish
2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, + more for serving
4 ½ cups water
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper for serving
1. Thinly slice onion and garlic cloves. Cut tomatoes in half or in quarters if large and set aside.
2. Measure pasta, About 12-oz (¾ box).
3. In a large skillet or pot, combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and 4 ½ cups water.
4. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, uncovered. Stir frequently once the pasta softens.
5. Cook until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated (~9 minutes).
6. Then you can choose to drizzle with olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, and/or garnish with some fresh basil!